Hey guys, the countdown has already begun for 2017 to finally go to sleep. Within a few nights, we will see the skies lit up with fireworks, welcoming a bright and hopefully a better 2018. Now, let’s straightaway come to the point being the most-awaited New Year Party.
Most of the people have already planned how they are going to welcome the New Year, but for those who are still in the zone of yet-to-plan or are lazy enough to get all dressed for a party, a house party is the thing that you want.
Honestly, a house party is the best options for many reasons: Firstly, it is super cheap; secondly, it is just you and your best buddies around; and lastly, you can do whatever it is that you want including exploring your own bartender skills. 😉 In addition, the best part is if you don’t have a place to organize your own party, then you have Airbnb. How cool is that!!
Well, obviously there is no party without a few beers. But it’s new year man, solely beer surely wouldn’t do. So, how about we give you some cool and easy homemade cocktail recipes that you can try this year without really messing up with the taste:
1. Rum and Cranberry Juice:
- Bacardi Carta Blanca
- Cranberry juice
- A wedge of lime or lemonade
- Mint leaves (Optional)
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add 50 ml Rum and 125 ml cranberry juice into the glass.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime, which you can squeeze in it (Just 2-3 drops)
- Add 1 or 2 mint leaves to it. If you want, you can skip this step also.
PS: This is my personal favorite. It sits on the tongue in such a beautiful way that it hardly feels like you’re having a cocktail.
2. Tiger Juice:
- 1 ½ ounce Canadian whiskey
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- Mix these three ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice and then shake well.
- Coffee or cola also works well instead of orange juice.
- Also, if you don’t want a strong drink then make it with 2 ounce orange juice and ½ ounce whiskey.
3. White Russian
- 1 fluid ounce coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 fluid ounce vodka
- ½ cup milk or cream
- Mix the three with ice and there you are with a nice cocktail in hand.
- You can also choose this proportion: 2 Tbsps vodka, 3 Tbsp Coffee Liqueur, 3 Tbsp cream (lightly beaten), 3 Tbsp milk + lots of ice.
- 50 mL Captain Morgan White Rum
- 1 dash Soda Water
- 2 teaspoons Caster Sugar
- 2 Lime Wedges
- 12 Mint
- Muddle sugar and lime wedges together in a glass.
- Pick 12 leaves from a sprig of mint and place in the glass. Press down gently on the mint, together with the sugar and lime.
- Add crushed ice so the glass is ¾ full.
- Pour in Captain Morgan White Rum and a dash of soda water
- Stir with a spoon.
- Top up with more crushed ice and garnish with a sprig of mint.
5. Cape Codder
- 50ml Smirnoff Vodka
- 125 ml Cranberry juice
- 1 wedge of lime
- 5 pieces of cranberry
- Pour Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka and cranberry juice over ice cubes into a tall glass.
- Take a wedge of lime and squeeze, drop into the glass, and serve.